Mark Flagler is an award winning cameraman who has trekked over 16,000km / 10,000 miles on five continents to capture nature’s beauty and adventures of a lifetime. Mark has a wealth of professional experience… from hiking for six months along the Backbone of America to produce, direct and film a television documentary to capturing a team in extreme environments at high altitude climbing to the top of Mount Elbrus in Russia, Europe highest peak. Mark is a video production specialist, has “been there and done that” and wants to share his first hand knowledge with aspiring camera operators.
Join Mark for one of his full day workshops to learn the tricks of the trade from an accomplished and experienced professional. This is a “hands-on” workshop full of practice and discussions so come prepared to take part and learn from an outdoor video production specialist. This workshop will help attendees improve their production skills and knowledge of working in the great outdoors.
Some topics that will be discussed during the workshops include:
- Planning and preparing for the shoot
- Physical fitness
- Research production locations
- Shot lists
- Weather Apps, preparing for ever changing weather
- Packing video production equipment for backcountry travel
- Types of cameras for different shoots (video and photography)
- Using tripods, gimbals, sliders, jibs
- Recording audio, boom microphones, lavalier mics, audio recorders
- Batteries and charging in the field
- Video angles, shot selection
- Camera media, backing up files in the field
- Shot lists
- Discuss clothing for outdoor productions (gloves for camera work, rain gear, foot wear, etc)
- Leave No Trace Ethics
- Weather Apps
- And much, much more…
*This is not a “teach you how to film” workshop but a course to help individuals with camera experience to improve their knowledge and skills in outdoor video production.
Workshop partners to be announced soon.
Contact us today to learn more about these exciting workshops or click on the Booking & Payments button below to select a date and location to suit you, and secure your spot. Looking forward to seeing you in the mountains!