Flagler Films Outdoor Videography Workshop in the Wicklow Mountains was a success
The first Outdoor Videography Workshop in 2022 was a success! On Sunday we spent over 6 hours climbing up Djouce in the Wicklow Mountains and discussing the many aspects of outdoor productions. The weather was a mix of rain, sun, a bit of sleet and plenty of wind. Perfect conditions to work through shot selection, camera angles and discussing key components to a successful outdoor video production.
Some topics covered were:
- Planning and preparing for the shoot
- Video angles, shot selection, shot lists
- Physical fitness
- Researching production locations
- Weather Apps, preparing for ever changing weather
- Packing video production equipment for backcountry travel
- Using tripods, gimbals, drones, sliders, jibs
- Clothing for outdoor productions (gloves for camera work, rain gear, foot wear, etc)
- Leave No Trace Ethics
I received excellent feedback from the participants and look forward to my upcoming workshops in Ireland. Flagler Films is offering more full day workshops later this year in the Dublin and Wicklow Mountains plus a half day workshop at Castletown House and Parklands in Celbridge, Co. Kildare. Check out the workshop information and available dates here: www.flaglerfilms.com/workshops
The next Flagler Films Outdoor Videography Workshop is June 11, 2022. Get in touch if you have any questions about the workshops. More information here: https://flaglerfilms.com/workshops
Photographs below captured by Mark Flagler and Hugh Noonan.